Wednesday, April 25, 2007

WEEK 10: The Idols get a Reprieve

I was scared out of my mind that Jordin was going home. Too crazy, those Fox guys!

So Ellen Degeneres pitches the kids on "Donate a dollar and have your parents donate nine". After a little discussion, me and Syd put in our donation. She was so happy, saying that we would save the lives of 100 children. Sadly only a small percentage of it will feed children, and most will be used to bribe local gangs and officials during transportation. I hope that things work out better than that.

OK, back to the star-studded gala. First off, Carrie Underwood is the most glam of all Idol winners. She makes African poverty look like a music video just by showing up. And Kelly Clarkson looks like she could feed some kids in Africa just by skipping a few meals between meals. It looked like the backup singers were crouched and hiding under her dress. She was pear-shaped! During her introduction they called her a Southern Belle, but I think they meant Southern bell. Ba-dump!

Other thoughts:
  • The Elvis thing was creepy. Look out Celine! he's dead!
  • Annie Lennox rocks.
  • Ben Stiller isn't really funny without Owen Wilson.
  • Jack Black can take a really badly written comedy skit and almost make it work.
  • Everyone needs to stop using Sanjaya for a punching bag now that he is off.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vote for Sanjaya at PopChatter.com

Register, vote and represent Sanjaya!

TheWino said...

I get this was for charity-so-let's-not-knock-someone-off-the-show results show but personally I think it's a real kick in the pants for us purist who are watching the show for "The thrill of victory...and the agony of defeat". This was a cop out just to give us a feel-good night where everyone's a winner and you can to by making your donation now.

Ok now that I got that off my chest, I can't wait to zip through the episode on my DVR and see only the performances.

And AI guys stop making Jordin cry, she'll never win our hearts and become your next American Idol that way...

Anonymous said...

Lee Lee said............
Haven't see it yet but what a rip! No one kicked off...pahleesee

Anonymous said...

What a scam! I want Jordin to win, and so do the VP's at Idol, but a vote is a vote and they need to keep it fair. That being said... if she got voted off I considered not watching anymore. But then I figured I would watch to help out Blake no matter what. So I hope Chris Richardson and Lakisha or Phil go. Melinda is great but boring and thank god for Simon or we would still be looking at her "O" face. Where did they find her neck? I think I saw it for a second last week.
-Chris-