Thursday, February 22, 2007

WEEK 1: ELIMINATIONS

Well congratulations, American Idol producers, you really know how to set me up and then yank the rug right out from under me. Just as Antonella is about to get the boot off the show, you bait and switch Amy into the mix, all without the common decency of a reach around. This just goes to show you that her days are numbered.

Did I also hear that Sanjaya is in the top 4 for the guys?!?! He makes me feel like I am way too old to be watching this show. All I can picture is a million cell phone toting tweens across the nation who want to like the guy that makes their parents' skin crawl. If that's what you want, girls, Sanjaya is your man.

So my predictions were all wrong (not the last time I will write this), and it looks like Ed has perfectly predicted the vajority of contestants that would be kicked off. I will have to put more thought into this for next week.

Final thoughts: This 3 nights of Idol stuff is ridiculous. No House on Tuesdays. How much is too much?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How is Sundance still there?!?!!??? He had a good audition and that was it. Period. The only one that should have gone home that did was the tall girl. The 2 guys were pretty good. The other girl was all over the place, but had a few hints of good in there. Sanjaya is such a weiner and he stunk the joint up. On a good note, the 2 hotties are still in.
-Chris-

Anonymous said...

I think everyone wants to see Sundance suffer a few more weeks before he goes. I think the fact that he is always smiling helps a bit too.

TheWino said...

It will be interesting to see the tv ratings this week and see if 5 hours of AI is really necissary. I'm hot a House watcher but I do know many who are and I feel their pain since it is a highly regarded show. Maybe next week it will duets and we can get Sundance and the Sanjay Kid to join and get elminated two-for-one style.

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is how did Fantasia fit her big b---- on the stage. Not a good wardrobe choice. Amercia was drunk in season three and I think some of the same voters are still out there for this season.
-Big K-