Tuesday, February 20, 2007

WEEK 1: THE MEN

Alright, I realize this is only week one, and I want to keep things really short, but there are a few surprises and comments I will throw out there:
  1. Blake (Joe Beatbox) was way cooler than I expected.
  2. Shoeless Paul. Not so good.
  3. Even Meatloaf's own mother thinks that Sundance Head is funny looking.
  4. Even though I have really enjoyed Chris Sligh's antics up to now, bopping around on stage with that Sideshow Bob haircut did not leave me begging for more.
I liked Phil Stacey's performance, but speaking as a bald guy to Phil's wardrobe person, buy a hat to pin those windmill-esque ears to his head. Actually, he can sing, so start putting together an assortment of hats, as he may be around for a while.

First two guys to go are: Sanjaya and Rudy

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big K reporting in. J-man where did you get the time to set this up. I am soooo jealous of your free time heheh...To respond to leelee I will keep my family comments to myself about the relationship of Sanjay and the sista. Too close for me. I think SUndance and the Sanjay can say good-bye tomorrow night. Loving Phil and Jarod (is hot). Don't really care if they can sing yet.

Anonymous said...

Don't want to sign up for google. I'm a yahoo! kind of guy! It's Chris and this was what I orignally sent to J-man before he set up the blog:

Sundance Head on home. YOU SUCK!

Top picks so far (in no particular order):
Justin Timberlake
Asian Guy
Beatbox Blake
Jack Osbourne
Baldy Phil

Everyone else was just OK and completely forgettable. Happily gay Indian boy was weak. Too nice. Massachusetts guy was decent.

Hopefully the girls are better or at least bring some power. ...and WHAT!!! NO HOUSE! What a bummer.

TheWino said...

Are the perfoamnces online yet? I haven't seen either night [which are dvr'ed] and I'm feeling left out...

Anonymous said...

Big K and Chris: You don't need a Google account, just choose "Other" in the identity and type in your code name.

TheWino said...

Should Go Home: Sundance & Paul
Will Go Home: Nick & Paul
BSC [Bad Song Choice] Award: Nick & Blake
Cream of the Crop: Brandon, Jared & Phil

Ect: Randy, if Gavin DeGraw is your boy, how could you confuse his song for an Edwin McCain track? Phil sounded good but it really hard to look at - doesn't quite have the good lucking skull that J has. Nick, if you get to stay another week pick something more up-tempo and get the crowd going. Paul, your not a drunk bridesmaid at the end of the reception - put some shoes on! And finally, was it just me or did you almost want Jared to drop the SNL (Blank) in a box in the last pass of the chorus? One, you’re like a dream come true. Two, put your junk in that box...

Off to watch The Ladies.

Anonymous said...

Nice! Does everything come back to D*ck in a Box? Of course!

TheWino said...

Watched the men & women again last night [no I do have a life, Lee Lee just hadn't seen them yet] and I think Blake was better than I had first given him credit for and most of the other guys were much worse.